Hospital Tradition In Islam
- Some of the earliest hospitals were founded by Muslims.
- The first psych. Hospital was a Muslim hospital.
- Served people of all color, religion or background.
- Separate wards for men and women.
- Inner courtyard with gardens.
- Use of music.
- Most were teaching institutions.
- State funded: Caliphs would compete with each other in building the most lavish hospital
- Charity by endowment: Waqf
- Non profit
- A Well Known Hospital:
- Al-Adudi hospital (981 AD)
- 24 consultants